U.S. Army DIMHRS
Department of Defense
Performance Based Acquisition
- Implemented changes to an complex Army wide PWS in 6 weeks.
The Army’s Integrated Personnel and Pay System – Army (IPPS-A) is an automated information system that will enable the Army to manage each soldier’s single human resources record from accession to retirement. IPPS-A is a single integrated source that supports the full spectrum of human resource management and is a derivative of DIMHRS, which is available to all DOD services. The Army IPPS-A Project Directorate (PD) had the requirement to develop a Systems Integrator Performance Work Statement (PWS) to obtain performance-based services for implementing a single Army pay and personnel system accomodating Army’s unique and complex business rules. This would result in a fully-integrated Human Resources system supporting critically needed standard personnel and pay processes for all Army components. To support this need, Octo provided IPPS-A PD with expert performance-based acquisition support by supporting the build out the necessary System Integrator PWS and the accompanying Sections and Schedules. Additionally, Octo advised on the performance management strategy and how to define service level agreements (SLA) to drive System Integrator behavior to deliver products and services that would fully meet Army requirements.
The Octo team designed and recommended an approach to assist the Project Directorate in developing a performance-based contract, to include the incoming transition of a new systems integrator, the outgoing transition of the current contractor, and the transition support necessary to hand-off the production system to an operations and maintenance support contractor.
- Developed a Risk and Issue Register in compliance with Army Program Executive Officer for Enterprise Information Systems (PEO EIS) requirements.
- Completed and detailed Performance Work Statement, and supporting Sections and Schedules
- Developed the quality assurance surveillance plan (QASP) used to measure and monitor the new systems integration contract.
- Provided subject matter expertise in performance-based acquisition, service level agreement (SLA) development, systems development, program management, and human resources information systems.
- Designed an approach to assist the IPPS-A Project Directorate in developing a performance-based systems integration contract.
- Decomposed each of the required systems integrator tasks and facilitated iterative in-person workshops with Government, industry, DIMHRS, and Oracle and PeopleSoft experts.
- Ensured clarity and measurability for each task and subordinate activity without constraining the system integrator’s methods for performing the work.
Key focus areas included:
Program Management and Risk Management
Performance Based Contracting Support
Quality Assurance Surveillance Plan Development
Facilitation and Management Consulting
On-site and Proactive Cost Management